Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Fallout

Friends are supposed to lift each other up, not bring each other down. But that's what we do to each other, and it's time we end that. I'm tired of feeling bad and trying to justify that it's okay; tired of telling myself that I am not supposed to feel that bad; that we aren't that close enough to hurt each other. We aren't close enough, but your words, and occasionally, your actions hurt me. It's time I admit to myself that it is not cool. I'm not cool with it. I get affected, I feel bad, and now, I've reached my breaking point.

The stress isn't worth it. Friendship shouldn't be that difficult, that is why I keep giving ours chances after chances after chances, thinking, "maybe it's a phase. Maybe after sometime we'd get to like what we've learned about each other and the childish barbs would stop." But I can't wait for it to stop. I'm tired and drained and frankly, for a not so deep friendship, it is so not worth it.

Maybe I'll miss you. Yes, I will miss you. Despite the multiple lows, there were some highs worth looking back to. I genuinely believed that you are not a bad person, I am just the kind of person you cannot get along with. Thanks for trying.

Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment