Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

What I Will Not Be

I will not be someone who says she'd wait,
And then prod and whine and complain
that something-- or someone is taking too long.

I will not wait forever, though.

I will not be someone who says she had made up her mind,
then change it by the minute.

When my mind is made up, you can hardly change it,
Mind that you still can, you just have to try hard.

I will not be someone who conceals her thoughts
and expects it to be read with clarity.

I will conceal my thoughts, though
but I will not hold the reader accountable for any misinterpretation.

I will not be needy, nor clingy.
That does not mean I will never need anyone.
Just that when I need you,
I'll keep in mind that I can't keep you
Or anyone.
No matter how much I want to.

So I won't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment