Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Planning My Solo Trip

Less than two weeks to go... and then I'm off to Butuan and Davao! Contrary to what most of my acquaintances would assume, this would be the first time that I'll travel alone. My Iligan trip was a partial solo trip, since I joined my friends during the latter part of the trip. But in my upcoming one, I'm going solo all the waaaay and I'm super excited (and yes, a little scared :| )

I'm starting on my itinerary now, browsing through blogs and texting random contact people. My main concern is the place to sleep, since I don't want to spend a lot of money on an overnight accommodation when there are cheaper options available. As for the transportation, I have no qualms going around in public transpo and I resolve not to ride a cab.

(Non-negotiable)

  • Hinatuan Enchanted River 
  • Tinuy-an Falls
  • Dollhouse
  • Butuan historical sites
  • Unli-crab in Davao (haha!)
  • Philippine Eagle (wasn't able to see this the first time I went to Davao)
(Optional)

  • Britannia group of islands (concern: expensive boat rental?)
  • Agusan river cruise 
  • Lolong the huge croc 
  • Siargao (how far is this from Butuan?)
As you can see, I don't have much of an itinerary yet. But I'm confident things will work out just fine. And besides, a trip that goes smoothly as planned is no fun at all. Haha. Looking forward to the stories that will unfold as I go about this trip. Weee~

PS.
I'll be arriving at Butuan on Oct 1 at 9am, and then I'll be Manila bound from Davao on Oct 5, at 7 pm. =) I should have made Davao as my entry point, but I only reviewed my geography after I made the bookings.
>.< Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Goodluck sa solo trip mo! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun kahit mag isa ka lang.

    ReplyDelete