Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Masskara Festival and The Things that I've Never...

I've never been to Bacolod.
I've never seen a festival (or for that matter, THE MassKara festival);
I've never felt my heart beat in rhythm with the street drummers' drum
(there must be street drummers in MassKara, right?);
I've never felt an urging for my feet to dance
and my body to sway in time with the dancing and swaying
of thousands of people in the street;
I've never had my eyes drown in the profusion of colors
and the sight of bizarre, breathtaking, awesome masks--
all of which are inanimate, yet so alive.


Masskara Festival, Bacolod City, Philippines

Come October, and I want to see and do,
all the things I've never seen and done.
Take me to Bacolod, let me see the revelry
that is the MassKara festival--
Bring me to Bacolod, for that  special fun!


Experience MassKara Festival, Hermosa Festival and Lanzones Festival this October. Airphil Express flies daily to BACOLOD, ZAMBOANGA and CAGAYAN DE ORO from Cebu and Manila. Visit www.airphilexpress.com to book!

--an entry to AirPhil Express's PICK-A-FEST Contest
--photo from Flickr

2 comments:

  1. great poetry . Hope we cross our path in the future. Happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chino =) Yeah, hope we meet in one of our wanderings =) Nice site you've got, btw.

    ReplyDelete