Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why Does Heaven Cry, Father? (and) Why Don't You Cry, My Daughter?

Why Does Heaven Cry, Father?
Why does heaven cry, father?
Why does he weep?

He, who had thunder for his voice
And lightning as his eyes...
Why does he
Why can he
Why, why does he cry?

If his heart is too full
That it overflows...
But he is strong!
He should keep it inside
He is strong, isn't he?

He is high.
Even the birds can't really touch him
And yet, he couldn't hide his tears?
Why would he cry?
Why can he cry?

And... If he can,
why can't I?

**********************************************************************************************************
Why Don't You Cry, My Daughter?

Why don't you cry, my daughter?
Like Heaven
Why don't you let your sorrow flow
With your tears
Why don't you let it go?

My daughter, even someone as strong
as heaven needs
To open up his heart
Why do you keep the floodgates
of your tears and the doors of your heart
Closed to me?

My don't you cry, daughter?
Let your tears flow...
And my comfort is with every drop
that comes from your heart.

Cry to me.

Psalm 22:24
For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment